Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you have questions, from what a home inspection entails to how much will it cost, and everything in between. I’ve compiled a list of answers to those questions I’m asked most frequently to provide you with valuable insights into the world of home inspections.
What does the inspector look for?
How long does an inspection take?
Home inspections typically require 2½ to 4½ hours to complete, depending on the size and age of the home. I take the necessary time to ensure a comprehensive and detailed inspection is performed, regardless of the size, age, or condition. A full report is then delivered within 24 hours (often within 4 hours) of the inspection. This easy-to-read, industry-leading report includes detailed pictures (and videos when needed) that clearly present my findings to you. All findings are categorized, making it easy for you to understand what you need to know for making major decisions during the purchasing process, prioritizing repair projects, and maintaining the property in the future. Here is a sample report so you can see the style and some of the details provided: Sample Report
Who can attend the inspection?
What kind of report to you provide?
A quality, detailed, and comprehensive report is produced as a result of the inspection. In addition to categorized observations, it includes maintenance information, tips, and checklists. Throughout and/or after the inspection, I engage in personable discussions aimed at helping the homeowner become well-informed about the house they own or are considering owning.
Rest assured, your inspection will be thoroughly documented with photos, videos, sketches, descriptions, limitations, and recommendations. You can expect to receive this report within 24 hours or less, delivered via email for online viewing, downloading, and printing. It’s best viewed online and will be accessible for 7 years. However, you can download it as a PDF and save it on your device at any time during those 7 years.
Feel free to reach out for any discussions about the report’s content. I’m here to provide guidance and advice upon your request, whether you’re considering purchasing the home or already own it. I’m dedicated to assisting you throughout the process.
Here is a sample report so you can see the style and some of the details provided: View Sample Report
What is your fee, and what do I get?
Home Inspection fees vary based on the type, size (sq.ft.) and age of the home:
- Most single family detached homes start at $425 +hst
- A townhouse starts at $400 +hst
- A mobile home or 3 season cottage starts at $385 +hst
- Get a no-commitment fee estimate for your property online, click here
During and after the inspection I will provide:
- A home inspection usually lasting 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours
- Moisture meter testing as required
- Infrared imaging as required
- An operational examination of Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical systems.
- A performance inspection of Structural, Roofing, Interior and Exterior
- A detailed report within 24 hours (target time is 4 hours after the inspection is completed)
- My full attention to you, my client. I am not influenced by any other factor, individual, business or financial motivation.
- I will always be available to answer your inspection related questions for as long as you are considering buying the home and/or own the home